Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chapter #1



‘This is a tough decision, but you have to make it,’ said Aalok infuriating, while Harsh stared at the floor.

‘You can’t just dwell in the past,' he spoke again as he saw that Harsh was not saying a word. Harsh looked up at him and sighed.

‘What you are saying is right, but I cannot forget her,' he said with tears gathering in his eyes.

Aalok sat down and patted his arm, ‘You have to move on.’

He felt sorry for Harsh and cursed himself for being of no use for his best friend. He missed the old Harsh, the pulse of their group, the one who used to cheer them up no matter what happened. And looking at the depressed soul sitting beside himself, he wondered if he could become the same person again.



‘Come on guys, it’s poha time,' Harsh yelled from the road below. Aalok peeped down through window of his room and yelled back, ‘Have you gone mad?’

‘Now I have to come upstairs to drag you from there!’ Harsh said cursing under his breath.

Hearing the loud thumping on the stairs, Pankaj got up and ran to the door of their room.

Sumeet said climbing down his bed, ’Man we are going to fail in DIC, I tell you.’

Harsh entered the room panting. Pankaj held him there by elbow and asked, ‘Are you crazy? It’s DIC tomorrow, I did not even take bath and you want to have Anna’s poha?’

Sumeet joined Pankaj,  ‘I don’t want to go, it’s a question of life and death to me, I already screwed up in DSP!’

Harsh raised both his hands in the air and then signed them to be silent by putting a finger on his mouth.

‘I will pay attention to no excuses, it’s better if you follow me rather than arguing with me.’ He said.

Aalok opened his mouth to protest but Harsh grabbed him by arm and pulled him off his chair and started towards the stairs. The remaining two occupants of the room followed their suit too, firing abuses at the two in lead.

‘Anna is lucky for us, Aalok. I am not going to write exams if I don’t see his face today!’ Harsh said in a mock sincere voice and both of them burst into laughter.



The banging of door broke Aalok’s trance. He looked up to find out that Harsh had left.




No comments:

Post a Comment